Fillers play a critical role in temporizing the facial ageing process by softening wrinkles, adding lost facial volume, and giving you smaller corrections that can really refresh your look.
Do I need fillers?
- Want to get rid of those wrinkles forming between your eyebrows, the dreaded frown lines.
- Want to reduce wrinkles in your forehead or lips.
- Want to perk up your lips and define your lip line again
- Want to lift the corners of your mouth and turn your frown upside down.
- Want to make your eyes look lest tired, sunken or reduce those rings.
- Want to reduce those hollows in your temple region or make your cheekbones “pop” again.
- Or you want to hide those jewels that are just starting to form.
You can have added swelling or bruising at the sites of treatment that may need to be camouflaged with makeup for the first few days. Any additional swelling from the treatment itself will often disappear by one week.
PROCEDURE & RECOVERY
After identifying the precise areas that need treatment, your surgeon will select the right filler for you. Areas to be treated have topic anesthesia or ice applied and fine injections are made to fill the appropriate wrinkles or add lost volume. Hyaluronic acid fillers (a synthetic version of the natural occurring sugar in your body) is often the best first choice. The desired correction is achieved at the end of the 30 min procedure and with the exception of minor swelling and bruising you are ready to go.
- Surgical Scars: None
- Location: Skin Care Centre
- Anesthesia / Sedation: Topical anesthesia or facial nerve blocks
- Duration: 30- 60 min
- Length of Stay: 1-2 hrs
- Bruising: Minimal up to 7 days
- Swelling: Minimal
- Pain: Minimal
- Numbness: None
- Dressings: None
- Return to Work: Same day
- Return to Exercise: No exercise for 24 hrs
- Expected Longevity: 6-9 months depending on product used
Learn more about the history, procedure, and advantages of
Fillers WITH DR. BRYCE COWAN