Botox® is a safe and longstanding muscle paralytic used to temporarily weaken facial muscles that cause excess face wrinkles, giving you a more youthful fresh look.
Do I need Botox?
- Want to get rid of those wrinkles forming between your eyebrows, the dreaded frown lines.
- You want to reduce your forehead wrinkles regaining that softer look.
- You want to deemphasize those annoying wrinkles around your eyes (crow's feet).
- You want to accentuate that youthful peak of your eyebrow without having a brow lift.
- You want to soften those visible central neck bands that are starting to form.
- You want your nasal tip to stop moving when you talk.
- You want to try a more long lasting prevention for your migraines.
One week after your Botox® treatment you should have softer or completely absent facial wrinkles in your desired area of treatment giving you that younger fresher look. If you treated your eye area, you may have a return of your brow arch, loss of your crows feet and younger looking eyes.
PROCEDURE & RECOVERY
After identifying the precise area or areas that need treatment, your surgeon selects a starting Botox® dose designed to create your desired effect. Often the site is cooled with an ice pack prior to Botox® injection and then using a small 31- gauge needle, the desired number of Botox® units are injected into the muscle to be controlled. If you are trying Botox® for the first time, the precise dose needed to achieve your desired result will need to be established and after peak effect at 1 week, addition of further units may be required. Once the desired dose is established, your maintenance treatments are fast and easy.
- Surgical Scars: none
- Location: Skin Care Centre
- Anesthesia / Sedation: Ice pack or no anesthesia required
- Duration: 30 min
- Length of Stay: 45 min
- Bruising: Minimal 2 days
- Swelling: None to minimal
- Pain: Minimal to none
- Numbness: None
- Dressings: None
- Return to Work: Same day
- Return to Exercise: No exercise for 24 hrs
- Expected Longevity: 4-9 months depending on duration of use
Learn more about the history, procedure, and advantages of
Botox With Dr. Bryce COwan